Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Break Part 2

You can tell we are heading towards the end of the school year and that swim team has started up again because things have been crazy around here. I finally got these other photos uploaded and in the correct order. Now, before I go and plant my overdue garden I will give you a brief glimpse at the rest of our fun trip.

One of my favorite things we did was morning walks and morning bike rides along the beach. There was a great boardwalk along the entire waterfront that the kids loved to ride their bikes on. It made schlepping them all the way down there totally worth it! Here is McCall one lovely morning.
Yogurtland was another favorite! It became part of our bedtime routine and I must say it was a great addition to our bedtime routine.
The best part they let you get your own samples! You can see the excitement in Parker's creepy eyes.
Sand dollar and seashell hunts were also a "must do" each day. Gracie didn't care who saw her in her pajamas because it was serious business for her.
A few of her finds which now reside in our shell jar at home.
One day we went aboard the USS Midway! I wasn't too sure about it and how much my kids would enjoy it but I am so glad we went because we all loved it. It was so interesting. Here is the kids up on the flight deck.
Up inside the command center, I can't remember what they called it, maybe the nest?
They had several helicopters and jets used in the war that the kids could go inside of and check out.
We also each got a snazzy headset to listen to and learn from. I'm all about a good audio tour and this one was great.
The kids locked up in the Midway Brig! Doing time for not sleeping in late enough.
After the Midway we had a day full of sunshine, so the kids (Mark and Scott included) were anxious to get back to the beach for some boogie boarding.
McCall and Aidan catch a wave.
McCall, Carson and Mark. I still thought it was freezing and way to cold to be in the water.
Parker having fun.
McCall trying to keep her mouth shut and the salt out!
We also had a skin board that the boys were trying to use. Bayden just used his boogie board in lieu of the skin board. He was a smart little boy who wanted to stay warm next to his mama.
I don't know if there are words to describe how much Carson loved boogie boarding in the ocean. Long after everyone else had gone in and I was shivering uncontrollably in my sweats and two sweatshirts, Carson was still out there, swimming out with his board trying to catch more waves. Just like the ski slopes, he was the very last one to come in out of the water. I think I discovered on this trip that this boy has a thing for individual extreme type sports. He gets lost in the moment and it was just him and the water, no fear involved. His mantra to me became, "Just one more wave!" By the 73rd "just one more" I had to call it quits. I wish I could have gotten a closer shot of his face because he had a huge smile on his face the whole time.
Gracie was more into Sand Castle building and chocolate soup making than the boogie boarding.
Here is the boardwalk in front of our house on our way to go get yogurt. Bay is on his bike in the foreground making friends with the skaters along our route.
We had a great time at the beach and can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Hahaha - the picture of all the kids with headphones on reminds me of the library tour for English 115 where we all had to be hooked up together and walk around the library for a couple of hours.

Looks like a great time!

Team Fellows said...

That must be where my love affair with audio tours began...English 115 in the good old Harold B. Lee! That little thought made me laugh all day.

mikeandmarina said...

Oh So cute. I love Gracie in her little hat in the sand!